Sleep with the Sharks: Public Combos
Nowhere else can you snuggle down for the night in the Passages of the Deep exhibit’s 360 degree tunnels, surrounded by almost a million gallons of sea water and more than a hundred sharks, halibut, rays and other marine life!
You’ll have the place to yourself for a fun-filled evening and morning of ocean exploration and hands-on fun. Our professional and knowledgeable education staff will guide you through your entire experience. Our sleepover programs are a great way to extend your experience in Newport. Use your extra time to explore the Aquarium or some of the other beautiful natural and historical sites.
What are Participants Saying?
“This will be an experience our family talks about for a long time.”
“Thank you so much for this wonderful adventure!”
“Great option to see everything without crowds.”
“I think our students will remember this trip forever. Great educational activities!”
“The kids and parents were blown away with this sleepover! We’ll definitely be back again in the
“Had a truly unique and memorable time- wonderful!”
Sleep With the Shark Basics:
- Sleepovers start at 6:00 pm and end at 9:00 am the next morning.
- Participants must be 6 years or older to participate.
- Children age 6-17 must be accompanied by adult chaperones.
- Sleepover events have a 20 person minimum and a 60 person maximum. Families and smaller groups are welcome to join one of our many pre-scheduled Public Combo Sleepover events.
- Click here for a sample
scheduleand a list of items to bring.
- Click here for food and
- Click here for FAQs and answers.
"How Much Does It Cost?"
- $60 per person / $55 for members.
- Click here for payment options, deposit info and cancelation policy.
"What's Included in the Price?"
- Sleeping in the Passages of the Deep tunnels!
- Viewing the Aquarium without large daytime crowds.
- Professional, knowledgeable and friendly staff to guide you through everything.
- Age-appropriate, hands-on activities.
- Morning behind-the-scenes experience.
- Entry to the Aquarium the following day.
- Meals and snacks:
dinner, continental breakfast and light evening snack. See above for food and dietary information.
"Where Will We Be Sleeping?"
Our Passages of the Deep exhibit has three amazing tunnels full of all kinds of fish. Please understand, each tunnel will accommodate a limited number of people for sleeping. If you are part of a combo sleepover with other groups or families, sleeping
Generally, we can accommodate the following number of people in each area:
- 25-30 in Open Sea (shark) tunnel
- 15 in Halibut Flats (shipwreck) tunnel”
- 15 in Orford Reef (rock fish) tunnel
Registering for a Public Combo Sleepover
If you are a smaller scout group or family and don’t have the 20-person minimum required for a Private Group Sleepover, check out the
Follow these five steps
- Make sure that you have read the following documents and information prior to
registration: Sleep with the Sharks Scheduleof Events and What To Bring, Sleepover FAQ’s, Food and Dietary Info, and Cancelation Policy. Clickon the Public Combo Sleepover date you want to registerfor below.
- Pay in full for all of the members of sleepover group using a
credit card. Your spots will not be reserved until full payment is received.
- Once we have received your registration and full payment, our Group Coordinator will send your confirmation materials.
Available Public Combo Sleepovers for Families:
- Home School Family Combo: March 20, 2015
- Family Combo: March 27, 2015
- Mother's Day Family Combo: May 9, 2015
- Father's Day Family Combo: June 20, 2015
- Shark Family Combo: July 11, 2015
- Shark Family Combo: August 8, 2015
- Labor Day Family Combo: September 6, 2015
- Cub Scout Combo: February 21, 2015
- Girl Scout Combo: March 14, 2015
- Cub Scout Combo: April 25, 2015
- Girl Scout Combo: July 17, 2015
- Cub Scout Combo: August 1, 2015